Besides a handful of things a longlonglong time ago, I realized I haven’t really uploaded any traditionally done drawings here.
These are my twin ocs =w= It was their birthdays yesterday. Along with literally the most generic background elements.
I was using really old ink that was kind enough to leave a huge glob to ruin the drawing….hopefully it’s not too obvious, I tried to fudge it as best I could. orz
oh goodness okay:
1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
I vastly prefer drawing traditionally. My drawings almost always look better on paper than digital, but digital tends to be more convenient. I have a lot of drawn out sketches that never make online because I forget about scanning/coloring them. :B
2. How long have you been drawing?
Since I was very young, as far back as I can remember. I never really remember making the conscious decision of “I want to be an artist!”, I just kinda…kept doing it and ended up here.
3. How many classes have you taken?
I went to an art-centered high school, and also graduated with a bachelor’s degree in animation/illustration. So, quite a lot;;;
4. Do you have a deviantart, personal website, or blog?
I doooo have an ancient dA sitting somewhere. I also have a few ~professional~ blogs set up, but I’m not very good at maintaining or updating them;;;;
6. What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
I don’t really know. I guess if anything I’m not very interested in drawing sci fi subjects or mechas.
7. How often do you use references?
Fairly often. If I need a specific pose, I will usually try to take it myself via webcam.
8. Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
Right now, mainly for fun, mainly for preparation into hopefully stepping into the professional realm in the future.
9. How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
It can vary wildly. I’ll admit it! There are days I don’t get to drawing at all, and I hate when that happens. On a typical day though, I am usually drawing in between doing other things; it’s a little hard in that sense to pin down how much time I spend on it, because I don’t sit down and focus on something for [x] number of minutes/hours.
13. Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
Really, I like both. I draw primarily things I want to do, or am interested in. But I’ve also done gift art/trades/etc for others, and as long as it makes them happy, that’s all i want when drawing for others. =w= Same goes for commissions.
14. Do you ever collaborate with others?
Yes! In school, I did a collaboration with my friend olivia for a class. We didn’t get the chance to finish said project, but it was fun, and we got to do some good stuff.
Also currently in a secret project atm with schumie. :B
15. How long does an average piece take you to complete?
Heavily depends. There are sketches on here that took me as little as 10 minutes, and others took me hours. I tend to have a fast drawing hand, but spend a long time afterwards picking it to death, which I need to stop doing.
16. Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
Unfortunately, not as much as I used to. My time is going towards work, and not towards art classes or professional work. I’m trying to manage my time better so I fit more time into my free time. It’s really starting to affect my work, and it’s very frustrating.
17. Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
To an extent. I’m babybabybaby artist. I’m happy to give advice to the best of my ability, but it’s best to take it with a grain of salt.
18. What are you currently trying to improve on?
Managing my time better, as mentioned; always trying to improve on technical skills. I also struggle a lot with striking a good balance in my drawing between a stylized look, and a somewhat more realistic-based look. I’m getting there, but I’m not quite at the sweet spot yet.
actually just drawing in general.
19. What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt. I also need more practice with animals.
20. What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
I actually really like drawing buildings. :> And hair. I love drawing hair.
21. Do you like to challenge yourself?
I do. It’s easy to get discouraged when you don’t get something right straight away, but it’s the only way you learn.
22. Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
Very slowly, but I say yes.
23. Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
I think it’s been about the same, actually. It’s a little bit of a weird ratio though, because a lot of my fanart is pretty quickly done, but the original art takes more time, so even if I’m “producing” more fanart, I’m also working on other stuff that takes more time per thing.
27. For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
I use so many. I make a ton just to start with, and delete them freely as I decide i don’t want them. On top of that, I usually have a couple of layers per piece of redlining things, experimenting, etc.
28. For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
Watercolor or ink.
29. For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
Thumbnails first; can be as few as 3, can also wind up with a dozen. Then I start by lightly sketching out all the big shapes to where I want them.
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Seeing where I need to improve; if I know I’m struggling in something, I don’t like feeling a weakness, so I will usually try to at least work at improving at it, however small the progress. You can never go backwards.
Other than that, I think other people. Seeing other people doing their thing makes me want to do mine, too. :>
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
…Referring to the color palette request with Hiei and Kurama? :D
Presuming so, I’m glad you like it!
yo realtalk did anyone think i was gonna miss submitting to this
holy cow tumblr absolutely destroyed my colors, i hope it prints okay;;;;;
NEON BEACH.(if it gets accepted that is.)
i wanted to make a version that featured the ladies but it didn’t work out. Might just do it on my own.
Oh goodness QuQ I’m so glad to hear that. Thank you so much. (And I hope you’re enjoying SnK, hahaha.)
I graduated from art school about a year and some months ago; it’s not the key to magical success or improvement, I have a very, very long way to get to where I want to be artistically. But I’ve also come a long way already, and that’s important, right?
As for how I got to where I am now artistically: a lot of practice, a lot of trial and error, and a lot of tenacity. I dunno how continue that without getting distracted and rambling forever, but I think that’s a lot of it in a nutshell. :>
Because I have a couple left over stacked in my inbox.
Requests are done pretty much on a “if I feel like it” basis. Because it’s for free. I may get the urge to fulfill them once in a while, but don’t hold your breath. The only surefire way to actually have your wildest dreams come true is for a commission. Which are open.
If you have any questions, or are interested in a commission other than what may be outlined in the post, feel free to shoot me an ask, or an email.
Thank you! (─‿─)
Haha your my favorite. We should skype buuut I forgot my password for it! Haha I’ll have to get on that.
oh my goooooood just reset it lmao, it’s been forever since we skyped
though i feel your pain, i had to start keeping user accounts and passwords recorded somewhere. they store your password for so long, by the time i have to re-enter it, i have no idea…and there are so many accounts, orz
OuO! Thank you :> I’m glad you like it.